The ability to update firmware in the field or over-the-air is a critical component in every embedded system. The complexity and the skills necessary to successfully develop the capability to update firmware in the field are often under-estimated and result in buggy updates or bricked systems. The Bootloader Design for MCU’s Workshop walks engineers through every stage of the bootloader design process and provides hands-on examples to accelerate the engineers’ abilities and allow them to walk away with skills and knowledge to implement a bootloader on any MCU with any communication interface. The course consists of approximately 50% lecture and 50% lab work.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees are engineers who are interested in or will be designing a bootloader for a production product. The course covers the fundamentals and advanced topics in bootloader design. The course is appropriate for engineers with little experience in the area or experienced engineers looking for new techniques and skills. Attendees should understand the fundamentals of the C programming language. Advanced concepts are reviewed as they apply.
- Hands-on experience developing a boot-loader
- Bootloader implementation models and how to select the correct one
- Bootloader design, implementation and testing from concept through production
- Design and implementation of a bootloader protocol
- Example code and test hardware platform (that students get to keep!)
- Key concepts related to security, robustness and fast updates
- Troubleshooting and debug techniques
- Best practices for bootloaders
- Techniques to port the boot-loader to other peripherals
Dates and Locations:
|Date||Location||Early Bird Price*||Standard Price||Purchase Link|
|January 15th, 2016||Automation Alley Troy, Michigan||$750 USD||$1000 USD||Registration has closed. Please contact email@example.com for additional dates.|
|February 22 – 23, 2016||Online North America||$750 USD||$1000 USD|
|March 15 – 16, 2016||Online Europe||$750 USD||$1000 USD|
|April 12th, 2016||Boston, Massachusetts||$750 USD||$1000 USD|
* Early bird pricing ends 1 month prior to the event.
The course is also offered on-site and as a series of self paced videos. Anyone interested in these methods can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional details.
For additional questions or comments please contact email@example.com
Please note that once the course is added to the cart you must return to the bottom of the Training Page to Check-out or click here to check-out.